1. There's a reason schools teach Shakespeare instead of John Green. You make your
own life, it's not written in the stars waiting to start until you find that person with
the perfect smile.
2. People are a hell of a lot smarter then you think. Shut your mouth, stop thinking you
know everything and listen.
3. Getting close and being vulnerable is scary as hell, but you know what else it is ?
4. The moment you feel your happiness being dictated by another person, take a break
5. Take a step back and look around, you have more friends than you think.
6. Growing up is going to happen and it's going to be tough. Just stay close to those
around you, you're all in it together.
7. If you're still checking their Facebook/ Instagram/ Tumblr, you're never going to
get over them.
8. Everything seems worse at night. Don't fall for it, it's deceiving
9. Stop avoiding everything. Get out of bed, get dressed, go to school, go to work. It
sucks at first but it's a part of the healing process.
10. If the person makes you feel like shit and you still go back to them, it's an abusive
11. Headphones are great, but listen to music aloud every once in a while. Sometimes
you need to scream a song so everyone can hear you.
12. Boundaries are a must.
13. You can be a caring person, but you need to be happy with yourself before you
try to make others happy.
14. Try and understand other's intentions and situation before you get angry with them.
15. Tough love is necessary sometimes.
16. You can't fix people no matter how hard you try. Get this engrained in your mind.
17. Surround yourself with people who love and support you.
18. Someone can only hurt your feelings if you allow them to.
19. Listen to your parent's advice.
20. Be open to anything and everything. Life isn't fun when you're a closed book.
21. Talking about problems is great, but there comes a point when talking about it
becomes dwelling on the past and it drains everyone around you. Know when you've hit
22. Some seasons of your life are harder than others. This too shall pass.